Thursday 29 July 2010

Bandcamp of the day




http://gloof.bandcamp.com/

At $10.00 seems a bit dear to me but I do admire this sort of turntable-ism. Frankly it always seems piss easy. I've always been a fan of tape manipulation. I've got six LP's from the BBC Radio-phonic Workshop-I admire early Zappa-I think the notion of Loopzilla with Clinton ten feet away from the tape recorder with the tape wrapped round a cotton thread wheel is awesome. As a teenager I searched Exchange and Mark for a Revox A 77 and never bought one. Since using wave editors though (since 1998) and especially Wavelab-I can now loop almost any track-copy and paste several examples of the loop onto a new file and so on. It's a time eater though and having sat through listening to the same loop for 10 minutes you do doubt your sanity.

I can't think of an example to post up here though right now. I'll dig one out or make a new one for you....

Say I'll open London Town in a wave editor (or LA Nights) and do something like this

<a href="http://gloof.bandcamp.com/track/jive">Jive by Knxwledge.</a>

But I don't and you know-even if I could I admire the references here to Little Brother with regard to the chat (this could be from The Listening). It's clever....I like this one as well from here sort of today's Smooth Jazz track


No comments:

Post a Comment