Sunday 7 November 2010

Soulmate bows out



NOTE EDITED POST: Pai 2 has not closed- it's just that Soulmate is no longer involved..


It's not that easy having a blog- take veteran blogger Soulmate for example. Having provided so much music to so many both in blogs and briefly on his own forum- once again he's turned his back on it all. He closed the Pai 2 blog (temporarily) but not before delivering an angry message to his readers and down loaders. I'm reminded of the April fools joke on the long gone Blaks lair. It's about feedback and lack of recognition first and foremost. Of course I love the guy-and have always thanked him-he is without a doubt a huge influence on my taste-as much or even more than almost any other DJ or person. This computer, my external hard drives, my 50 MB broadband, would never have come into being without his influence. All that said I'm just a lone voice, and his final post said it all..

More than 1000 albums which i posted in the last 8 months... but 99,9% of u GOD DAMN leecher assholes never leave a comment, a rating or whatever to any of my postings...

Now one could argue that a Blogger can't expect thanks-me I'm lucky if I get 30 views a day of this Blog-then again I'm not posting up loads of Rar files with every new morning. I don't even allow comments (I have my own reasons)-but it makes me sad that Soulmate once again ends up throwing in the towel because down loaders can't be arsed saying thanks.

Take his penultimate post


"If i'm honest... i didn't know this album, as recently as a few weeks ago edtracks sent me a copy of this cd...
After i listened to it that day, i thought by myself just "Wow" they sounds like a mixture of Jade and SWV & i ordered it immediately to have it physical... think u'll like it, too!

The album was produced by Denzil Foster & Thomas McElroy. Enjoy!"




Poor Soulmate.....Doubtless at some point he will return, having calmed down, after all it is what he is. I for one hope he does.........

No comments:

Post a Comment