Friday 10 September 2010

Soul Togetherness 2007

In feb 2007 a limited edition EP by Jazzy Jeff was released then leaked everywhere. Of the seven tracks the one most desired was "My Souls not 4 Sale"... I loved it at the time and encouraged Richard to play it at Prestwich-it's still probably the best thing he ever played at the venue-well the most Urban thing (though God only knows.... Richard probably thinks "My Blackness" by Gary Taylor is). The irony of hearing him say "Does anyone have it here on a CDR ?" because he forgot his copy- is very post modern seeing as he got it on the Togetherness CD of 2007......

Still a few weeks later I revisited the 7 tracker and was bowled over by the track posted below. Unlike "My Soul" this never made the Jazzy Jeff CD (well slated on EMS as I recall)...

"whatever you want" by Little Brother is proto Zo style. It's a catchy song full of hooks well written and performed.....

One day something by this outfit will feature on a Soul Togetherness CD but when..... !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment