Wednesday 15 September 2010

Real proper Oldie of the Day



I've been meaning to post up this evergreen classic for some time now. Quite simply wonderful for many reasons-the words-the Skip S arrangement-and it's never ending popularity. Indeed I looked to post a you tube embed on Face book because frankly I'm even more ignored on there than here-but shock horror nobody has uploaded it to you tube !

Well I have the LP and a few years ago did a very classy recording of it. The LP12 (my turntable) back then was on song- plus I used wave repair to clean the file by hand painstakingly frame by frame (44 frames = 1 second). As bitching luck would have it though I can't find my recording-it's among the hundreds of back up CDR discs lying around. So I turned to the internet yet on every version of Secrets I downloaded this track sounded very poor indeed.

Tonight I gave up looking for the CDR instead I dusted off the LP12 which I've been informed needs £350.00 to make it sound like it used too- found the leads I need- and re-recorded it. It took not much time at all really (say 45 minutes)...even though it's untreated so complete with noise and pops-it's the best mp3 version out there ...


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic mate
    A job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks !!

    For me it never gets old-those words are truly great-full of insecurity ("a lost and lonely man"),and yet suggesting that by reaching out and helping others somehow we might overcome....

    ReplyDelete