Tuesday 19 October 2010

A real fave


Sometimes Serendipity takes hold.....you download something and it sets wheels in motion. Probably one of my all time favourite Gospel tracks though I didn't know who it was by. I'd always loved it from the time I recorded Dean Johnson playing it on Richard Searling's show back in 1997. The recording I had was always good enough for me somehow-I never had the desire to chase it down and find out who it was by. I'm not like that-those tapes stand alone. I love music but I'm not an anorak-sure I've picked up some facts along the way but the older I get the more I'm reminded about how little I know. I'd of never guessed that these vocalists looked so pale-for example. I'd forgotten all about this track of course in recent years, till now-and when I opened up a Rar file and instantly knew it was the one. I love those words........even back then they had a personal resonance.





Thanks and respect to UMF..........

No comments:

Post a Comment